By Brinke Guthrie
We’ll kick off this installment of Collector’s Corner with the two Super Bowl teams: Check out this nice-looking 1980s varsity-style Broncos jacket from Majestic and this Seahawks Puma coach’s sweatshirt, which I’d say is from the late 1990s.
But the Super Bowl is still nearly two weeks away, so here’s some other stuff to tide you over until then:
• I like this early-1970s Chargers backpack (or “ruck sack,” if you prefer).
• Here’s a vintage 1970s NFL soup mug from JC Penney.
• This Willie Stargell T-shirt takes you back to the late 1970s and the “We Are Family” Pirates.
• Here’s a 1984 Minnesota Twins apron promoting Schweiger hot dogs. The player’s wearing No. 84 (presumably because the item was produced in 1984) and Brooks cleats.
• Nice-looking 1970s/1980s black NHL mug with red team logos.
• We have some reader submissions this week. Zac Neubauer sent in this late-1980s/early-1990s MLB water bottle, with era-appropriate logos. And Michael Clary sent in some bobbleheads, including this Bills bobble with a curious helmet sticker and one from the ill-fated Seattle Pilots.
• Great selection of 1960s/1970s NFL books. If you’ve never seen/read these, take a look at this auction. Totally worth it!
• And finally, one for my vanquished 49ers: The auction listing says this “Sourdough Sam” Niners stadium blanket is from the 1970s, although I’m not so sure about that — note the NFL shield design.
Seen something on eBay or Etsy that you think would make good Collector’s Corner fodder? Send your submissions here.