Grabbing A Piece Of The Action

Football

You know it’s a great Saturday night when you can score a touchdown, give some hugs, and get your ass grabbed by some lady in the front row — all in the span of five seconds. I have no idea what that means, really. I work pretty much every Saturday night, so for all I know stuff like this happens all the time. And to be fair to the lady, it does look like she’s merely giving him a solid “atta’ boy!”

Anyway, a couple of things to note here: Vernon Davis is still sporting the Sean Taylor decal, and the guy giving him a hug is wearing a black Dodgers 5950, which is beyond lame when you’re in San Francisco. Actually, it’s pretty lame everywhere, but especially in San Francisco.

Finally, check out the guy wearing the Bengals jersey. He’s probably had better times after paying a couple hundred dollars per ticket. Or maybe it’s just the jersey. — Bryan

118 comments to Grabbing A Piece Of The Action

• Jordan | December 16, 2007 at 7:27 am |

UW-Whitewater defeats Mount Union 32-21 in an all-purple edition of the Amos Alonso Stagg Bowl for the DIII title. The uni match-up was mono a mono, fortunately with purple as the secondary color for both teams.

(and maybe the SF ass-patter isn’t a woman….NTTATWWT)

• sam | December 16, 2007 at 7:35 am |

not to mention dave wannstedt to vernon davis’ right.

• Jeffrey | December 16, 2007 at 9:43 am |

Uniblog is great! You could always discuss what you think about the football teams and I think that the New England Patroits will win the bowl this year.I mean they haven’t lost yet.Anyway,the Green Bay Packers and Dallas Cowboys also might win,you never know.I feel sorry for the Miami Dolphins,they never won a game. Made by Micah,Jeff’s daughter that is into football(Peace out!)

• Jeffrey | December 16, 2007 at 9:56 am |

Don’t ever say bad words on Uniblog!You hear me?! ‘Cause if you do I will call the maker of Uniblog and that person and he won’t be happy,no he won’t!That’s right,I know the maker and You-Know-Who(me) will be keeping my eye on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware members of Uniblog,I will be watching! (Also made by Jeff’s daugter,Micah): ( Grrrrrr!

• Rick | December 16, 2007 at 10:12 am |

[quote comment=”187029″]Don’t ever say bad words on Uniblog!You hear me?! ‘Cause if you do I will call the maker of Uniblog and that person and he won’t be happy,no he won’t!That’s right,I know the maker and You-Know-Who(me) will be keeping my eye on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware members of Uniblog,I will be watching!

(Also made by Jeff’s daugter,Micah): ( Grrrrrr![/quote]

uhhh…what?

We now return to our regularly scheduled UniWatch program.

• Tony B | December 16, 2007 at 10:23 am |

[quote comment=”187009″]not to mention dave wannstedt to vernon davis’ right.[/quote]
    No, that guy has a mustache, Dave Wannstedt’s hasn’t filled in yet.

• David Arnott | December 16, 2007 at 10:37 am |

Are you sure that’s a Dodgers cap and not an Athletics cap?

• BigBootyLover58 | December 16, 2007 at 10:40 am |

Watching the PA 4A State Championship Game yesterday, and noticed several players on Parkland wearing “clown makeup.”

Damn clowns.

• Jeffrey | December 16, 2007 at 10:40 am |

Paul,
    Please pardon the above comments (#3 & 4) as my elementary aged daughter took over the UniWatch blog. My apologies.
    Jeff

• Mike N. | December 16, 2007 at 10:43 am |

This is almost as surreal as seeing him in an LA Rams uni. I just hope he didn’t insist on giving any speeches or attempt to kiss any coeds (and/or ESPN reporters).

• Stuby | December 16, 2007 at 11:05 am |

• Tom | December 16, 2007 at 11:07 am |

More NFL fines handed out – this time for Roddy white:

Roddy #1
    Roddy #2

• Bryan Redemske | December 16, 2007 at 11:07 am |

[quote comment=”187046″][quote comment=”187040″]Are you sure that’s a Dodgers cap and not an Athletics cap?[/quote]
    How can you tell either way? BTW, An A’s cap at Candlestick would pretty lame also.[/quote]

I zoomed in VERY tight with the photo editor before posting it. It’s a Dodgers hat.

• Paul Lukas | December 16, 2007 at 11:10 am |

[quote comment=”187043″]Paul,
    Jeff[/quote]

No apologies necessary. Start ’em young!

• Andrew | December 16, 2007 at 11:20 am |

Bryan, your posts keep getting better. Keep it up.

• NEO | December 16, 2007 at 11:30 am |

Beaver
    Team

• jacob | December 16, 2007 at 11:39 am |

-the black on black vs. the white on white looks better than any purple as a main part of the uni

-i noticed that justin beaver didnt have the wordmark on his uniform as his other teammates did

-i was sitting behind the UW-W bench and i noticed that almost all of the helmets have the number 3 decal on them, anybody know why?

• Ryan | December 16, 2007 at 11:55 am |

First of all, congrats to UW-Whitewater on winning the D3 championship, I go to UW-Stout but have many friends who go to Whitewater, so it was nice to see them finally, after 3 tries, beat Mt. Union for the championship win

In reference to the headline picture, does it bother any other Packers fans that everybody is doing the Lambeau Leap now? I find it more then disturbing, especially when the Vikings do it *shudder*

• S.W.P. | December 16, 2007 at 12:03 pm |

Blackhawks hazing their first overall pick:
    [quote]They would root for a Sabres victory, there’s no doubt of that, but simultaneously Sabres fans wished success for the 19-year-old young man who pens the city’s area code, 716, on his sticks as a reminder of where it all started. (His teammates, who ride him relentlessly, wrote their own area codes on their sticks before the morning skate.)
    “I knew there would be a couple pranks,” Kane said. “I put the area code 716 on my sticks so all the guys today put their area codes on their sticks. Then they make me skate … so it’s all fun and games. That’s all right.”[/quote]

• =bg= | December 16, 2007 at 12:03 pm |

I can tell you without a doubt, you do NOT want to wear a Dodgers cap in the Bay Area. Ever.

• todd krevanchi (krvanch) | December 16, 2007 at 12:09 pm |

Hey PL,

How well do you know Joe Skiba?

In addition to being the equipment manager for the giants in east rutheford, are you sure that Skeeb isnt ALSO head coach for the other team in east rutheford, jets boss eric mangini?

very similar in appearance!

• funke | December 16, 2007 at 12:36 pm |

petr cech’s head gear has an adidas logo on it instead of a Canterbury logo…dunno how long that’s been going on.

• Graham | December 16, 2007 at 12:40 pm |

• dn393 | December 16, 2007 at 1:10 pm |

[quote comment=”187073″]Did anyone else see Keyshawn wearing the hoodie on ESPN this morning? Was it a Belichick joke, or did something happen to his wardrobe in the huge snowstorm?[/quote]

There was a small segment in the beginning of the show where Keyshawn Johnson pretended he was videotaping while disguising himself with the ESPN hoodie. Ala Bill Belichick

• dn393 | December 16, 2007 at 1:12 pm |

St Louis Rams in white pants today at home w/blue jerseys vs the Pack.

• Rob | December 16, 2007 at 1:17 pm |

the browns unis stand out pretty nicely in the snow in buffalo.

• Eric | December 16, 2007 at 1:19 pm |

Al Harris and Charles Woodson are wearing the all white socks vs the Rams..

• The Hemogoblin | December 16, 2007 at 1:20 pm |

[quote comment=”187052″]Bryan, your posts keep getting better. Keep it up.[/quote]
    That’s fantastically true.

Can somebody please explain what happened to the Rams’ pants? They look like a trainwreck with those fat stripes next to their highly detailed jerseys.

• Robb | December 16, 2007 at 1:22 pm |

• Rob | December 16, 2007 at 1:23 pm |

browns are in cleveland today… my bad.

• Grimm | December 16, 2007 at 1:24 pm |

[quote comment=”187081″]the browns unis stand out pretty nicely in the snow in buffalo.[/quote]

The game’s not in Buffalo. That’s good ‘ol Cleveland under that snow. But yes, they do stand out very well. This may be one of the only times all white unis are a bad idea.

• The Hemogoblin | December 16, 2007 at 1:25 pm |

Maurice Jones-Drew’s Jaguar on the left side of his helmet is having a craniotomy. Or possibly, it’s just flaking off.

• James Craven | December 16, 2007 at 1:25 pm |

And Jacksonville wearing “those damned black tights” in the ‘Burgh.

• LI Phil | December 16, 2007 at 1:33 pm |

[quote comment=”187085″][quote comment=”187079″]St Louis Rams in white pants today at home w/blue jerseys vs the Pack.[/quote]

Definitely the best alternate look for the Rams so far. The navy pants with the white jerseys could look really good if they went with some kind of striped socks. But navy over white is by far the best alternate, kinda gives them a new school look with an old school twist.[/quote]

i like the rams in white pants, but for some reason, not a big fan of the huge gold stripes…makes the look kinda…meh…i think the look would be better if they reversed the piping colors to be thin gold, thick blue, thin gold, rather than the opposite

• Matt | December 16, 2007 at 1:35 pm |

The Packers-Rams game is such a beautiful thing to view in HD. I’m really digging the Rams’ white pants, and the Pack looks great like always.

• spencer | December 16, 2007 at 1:38 pm |

i loving the 2 inches of snow on the field for the bills clevland game.

• The Hemogoblin | December 16, 2007 at 1:52 pm |

[quote comment=”187095″]i loving the 2 inches of snow on the field for the bills clevland game.[/quote]

Not as much as I love the score right now (5-0).

• James Craven | December 16, 2007 at 2:07 pm |

And I’m loving the Rams’ Cheerleader uniforms for Christmas! :lol:

• j | December 16, 2007 at 2:11 pm |

who da fukin fuk is dave wannstedt

• The Hemogoblin | December 16, 2007 at 2:16 pm |

[quote comment=”187103″]who da fukin fuk is dave wannstedt[/quote]
    Hey buddy, have you ever heard of Wikipedia?

• Eddie Jay | December 16, 2007 at 2:21 pm |

A black Dodgers hat is lame anywhere.

• Lee W | December 16, 2007 at 3:13 pm |

I really like the Rams combo today with the white pants, additionally looks like there will be a fine or three on Packer defenders who are showing little or no green sock

• Dave Wannstedt | December 16, 2007 at 3:25 pm |

I am the last successful coach of the Miami Dolphins…big mistake Wayne…curse of the ‘stache

on a side note as watching my former team…Jason Taylor’s hockey C is peeling off…couldn’t get a screen grab

• Brian from Short Island | December 16, 2007 at 3:31 pm |

• Azul Army | December 16, 2007 at 3:36 pm |

Those who truly understand the rivalry between the Dodgers and the Gnats applaud the wearing of a Dodgers hat anywhere in S.F.

Just a note on the Dodgers hat: I was standing in front of Pac Bell looking at the Willy Mays statue. A friendly Gnats fan asked me if I wanted him to take my picture by the statue. I said yes and gave him my digital. As he looked at the view screen, he asked, “Is that a Dodgers cap?” When I said yes, he handed me my camera and walked away. I never did get that picture.

That’s how the rivalry goes…

• DonD | December 16, 2007 at 3:36 pm |

If that Bengals fan paid a hundred bucks for those seats he’s crazy. I paid 20 bucks for seats last week. the papers said alot of the stadium was empty this yesterday.

• Brian from Short Island | December 16, 2007 at 3:45 pm |

the jacket, as promised. Sorry for the poor quality.

• James Craven | December 16, 2007 at 3:47 pm |

[quote comment=”187126″]“…wearing a black Dodgers 5950, which is beyond lame when you’re in San Francisco. Actually, it’s pretty lame everywhere, but especially in San Francisco.”[/quote]

It would have been a Raiders hat, knowing the Bay Area. That’d be lame ass as well.

• Brian from Short Island | December 16, 2007 at 3:48 pm |
  • =bg= | December 16, 2007 at 4:47 pm |

[quote comment=”187128″][quote comment=”187125″]Mangini is wearing a Jets PUMP jacket today. I’ll try to get a screen capture soon.[/quote]
    the jacket, as promised. Sorry for the poor quality.[/quote]

wonder what the post-game handshake was like between Mangini and Angry Homeless Man?

• dan | December 16, 2007 at 4:47 pm |

Jason Taylor’s captain patch was peeling off. Anyone get a sscreengrab

• Joe | December 16, 2007 at 5:40 pm |

• Geoff | December 16, 2007 at 5:50 pm |

it was a great (but very cold and rainy) game and im glad that UW-W pulled out the win..[/quote]

Don’t know why, but you’re right about the “3”decal. Even more strange, it wasn’t everyone wearing it. I sent out an inquiry, but I’m not expecting a response anytime soon.

• Buckeye Mike | December 16, 2007 at 5:52 pm |

NOTICE DA IS WEARING A SEWN IN HAND WARMER. LOOK HERE

• JD | December 16, 2007 at 5:54 pm |

the jacket, as promised. Sorry for the poor quality.[/quote]
    Now Mangini’s man-boobs have nipples!

• Doug | December 16, 2007 at 6:32 pm |

About 6:20 left in 3rd quarter, Eagles’ Kevin Curtis went up for a pass along the sideline and came down with his left glove completely obliterated. Just the thumb and velcro strap stayed on his hand and the rest went rolling away. His right glove stayed intact.

• Chris | December 16, 2007 at 6:35 pm |

Good view of the pump jacket, plus what appears to be Belichick’s upside down neck warmer.

• TD | December 16, 2007 at 6:36 pm |
  • Chad | December 16, 2007 at 6:42 pm |

Where’s my glove?!
    here

here

• Joseph | December 16, 2007 at 6:43 pm |

After Phil Dawson’s second field goal, Derek Anderson ran out onto the field wearing what appeared to be a black oven mitt on his hand. Anyone know what that’s about?

• Chad | December 16, 2007 at 6:45 pm |

more glove pics
    another
    another
    another

• Doug | December 16, 2007 at 6:50 pm |

[quote comment=”187160″]more glove pics
    another
    another
    another[/quote]

Sick grabs, Chad. This is why Uniwatch is awesome.

• Will | December 16, 2007 at 6:51 pm |

[quote comment=”187157″]Teh Awesome[/quote]

Those have to be the coolest jackets i have ever seen. Where i can i get one? lol

• Brad | December 16, 2007 at 7:03 pm |

• derek | December 16, 2007 at 7:20 pm |

• LI Phil | December 16, 2007 at 7:36 pm |

[quote comment=”187163″]speaking of gloves, i thought that players had to wear reebok gloves, but i’ve recently seen several players wearing nike gloves with the nfl equipment logo on them. is nike allowed to make stuff and put the nfl logo on it? i thought it was exclusively reebok.

not any more

nike is back

• LI Phil | December 16, 2007 at 7:38 pm |

• DrBear | December 16, 2007 at 7:42 pm |

• Matt Takimoto "Tako" | December 16, 2007 at 8:07 pm |

Interesting helmets on Centennial HS in the California Div. 1 State Championship Game last night.

• LI Phil | December 16, 2007 at 8:23 pm |

anyone think the vikes will go all purple on MNF?

i might just throw up in my mouth a little bit

• elliott | December 16, 2007 at 8:25 pm |

Greg Camarillo, you rock my world.

• derek | December 16, 2007 at 8:28 pm |

[quote comment=”187174″]anyone think the vikes will go all purple on MNF?

i might just throw up in my mouth a little bit[/quote]
    those are some gorgeous unis!!

• spencer | December 16, 2007 at 8:28 pm |

i actually love the all purple viking uniforms.

• Mike | December 16, 2007 at 8:33 pm |

[quote comment=”187169″]is anyone besides myself upset next week won’t feature perfection (14-0) vs. futility (0-14), since the fish pulled one out?[/quote]
    Very upset. I was more excited to see the Fins go winless then the Pats go undefeated. Screw the Ravens.

• NateL | December 16, 2007 at 8:34 pm |

• Paul Lukas | December 16, 2007 at 8:35 pm |

[quote comment=”187174″]anyone think the vikes will go all purple on MNF?

i might just throw up in my mouth a little bit[/quote]

New rule: From now on, any comment with “threw up in my mouth” gets deleted.

• Paul Lukas | December 16, 2007 at 8:37 pm |

[quote comment=”187180″]Still noticing some teams have the Sean Taylor tribute patch on their helmet and some don’t…

Cowboys and Eagles both had it. So did the Steelers. The Patriots and Jets did not. Is there any rhyme or reason to these patches sticking around?[/quote]

It’s optional. Some teams (or individual players) have chosen to wear it, others haven’t. The Giants wore it the first week — when ALL teams wore it — then removed the decals, thinking it was just a one-week thing. By the time they heard they had the option of wearing it last week, it was too late to put the decals back in time for last week’s game. But they’ve put them back for tonight’s game and will keep them there for the rest of the season.

• LI Phil | December 16, 2007 at 8:40 pm |

[quote comment=”187181″][quote comment=”187174″]anyone think the vikes will go all purple on MNF?

i might just throw up in my mouth a little bit[/quote]

New rule: From now on, any comment with “threw up in my mouth” gets deleted.[/quote]

im sorry paul…i know “tool” and “TUIMM” are offlimits…i just thought in this instance (purple puke viking all purple) it was maybe, kinda sorta ok…

won’t happen again

• Anthony M | December 16, 2007 at 8:41 pm |

i might just throw up in my mouth a little bit[/quote]

About time.

That comment is so played out.

• Curtis Kittsmiller | December 16, 2007 at 8:43 pm |

Please delete

• Brandon | December 16, 2007 at 8:50 pm |

I saw that at the end of the Dolphins-Ravens game, Jason Taylor’s captain patch was falling off. First Picture I could find.

• Chad | December 16, 2007 at 8:52 pm |

more glove work! Derek Anderson was wearing an oven mit

• BigBootyLover58 | December 16, 2007 at 9:01 pm |

Many of the Cowboys players had some kind of special fastener for their top chinstrap snaps. It looked like it made the top snaps permanently attached, and there wasn’t that extra “tail” that sometimes obscures the logo.

• My Name is not Earl | December 16, 2007 at 9:02 pm |

• BigBootyLover58 | December 16, 2007 at 9:03 pm |

Here’s a link to the Cowboys helmet attachment I’m talking about:

• BigBootyLover58 | December 16, 2007 at 9:06 pm |

OK, really – here’s the link for the Cowboys helmet attachment:

HELMET THINGY

• Paul Lukas | December 16, 2007 at 9:07 pm |

HELMET THINGY[/quote]

• ChrisM70 | December 16, 2007 at 9:09 pm |

• LI Phil | December 16, 2007 at 9:14 pm |

• Steve | December 16, 2007 at 9:19 pm |

[quote comment=”187189″]Something doesn’t look right with the Redskins’ socks. They all seem to be wearing their red socks, giving them a unitard look. Don’t they usually wear those with the white pants and white socks with the red pants?[/quote]

I just pointed that out to my sis (both ‘Skins fans). She suggested that perhaps they and thicker and warmer? Who knows?!

• Scott Andrews | December 16, 2007 at 9:21 pm |

Todd Yoder’s jersey just ripped really badly. Its under his armpit. Hilarious.

• Trevor Kruger | December 16, 2007 at 9:46 pm |

[quote comment=”187143″]Seeing highlights of the Chiefs-Titans game I couldn’t help but think how cool the game looked with the Chiefs in the glaring red and then the Titans in the powder blue and whites. It made me wish it were the Oilers they were playing though – the contrasts look über-nice.[/quote]
    I was hoping the Titans would wear the light-blue pants today. I guess it was still one of the better uni-combo’s we had in Arrowhead this year.

quick note: The Chiefs have 3 players with the name Harris and 2 players with the name Edwards(you can also see two of the Harris’ in the bottom right of the picture), none of them have their first initial for their NOB. However, both of our Johnson‘s have their first initial. So, we must’ve decided that the two Johnson’s are popular enough to care about their NOB, but the other five aren’t…

• Gorgonzola | December 16, 2007 at 9:53 pm |

Your right. They usually wear long whites with stripes when they wear red pants, but tonight they’re all wearing burgundy socks with really short whites, so they all look like Clinton Portis in that one game when he was famously fined for the same look, but I guess that won’t happen again since the entire team is.

• David | December 16, 2007 at 10:02 pm |

Clinton Portis is wearing red and yellow shoes while everyone else on the Skins has on black shoes.

• Rob Kane | December 16, 2007 at 10:04 pm |

Anyone notice Fred Smoot’s nose bumper? It is the Washington “R”. I think someone else in the secondary is wearing it as well. Let me know if this isn’t a new discovery, which I’m sure it isn’t.

• LI Phil | December 16, 2007 at 10:06 pm |

last week’s socks

tonight’s socks

• Stevo | December 16, 2007 at 10:10 pm |

• Stevo | December 16, 2007 at 10:16 pm |

[quote comment=”187193″]Is it me, or does it seem that more NFL players are losing their helmets during plays more than ever before? I might be wrong, but it appears that players are having their helmets come off – even on plays that aren’t necessarily that vicious – as if they are wearing their helmets too loose. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I imagining this?[/quote]

I noticed that during the college football season as well, the theory I threw out was the fact that you have more players with dreadlocks and other poofier hairdos that compress on impact, causing the helmet to get loose.

• Jacob | December 16, 2007 at 10:24 pm |

Yahoo! just posted some user questions about why refs wear stripes. Enjoy:

• Jeremy | December 16, 2007 at 10:36 pm |

according to a university of kentucky football recruit, he was shown uk’s new uniforms for next year on his recruiting trip this past weekend.

• steve | December 16, 2007 at 10:38 pm |

Rich Rodriguez leaving WVU for that other gold and blue team……

• Stevo | December 16, 2007 at 10:53 pm |

[quote comment=”187214″]Rich Rodriguez leaving WVU for that other gold and blue team……[/quote]

The University of West Virginia: Training Tomorrow’s Michigan Coaches Today.

• Ryan | December 16, 2007 at 11:03 pm |

• Casey (Davis, CA) | December 16, 2007 at 11:46 pm |

[quote comment=”187206″][quote comment=”187187″]more glove work! Derek Anderson was wearing an oven mit[/quote]

If his NFL QB career doesn’t pan out, he could always become a network Red Hat, just get some blaze orange Krylon for that glove.[/quote]

I think Derek Anderson was wearing one of these

• Joseph | December 16, 2007 at 11:54 pm |

I have a question. Is the Schutt DNA outlawed in the NFL? You see them in High School and College but ive never seen a DNA in the pros.

• Stevo | December 16, 2007 at 11:59 pm |

[quote comment=”187216″][quote comment=”187196″]skeeb must have been busy this week…i’ve seen a bunch of g-men with the 3-D “riddell” nose bumpers tonight, as opposed to the normal “ny”[/quote]
    I think the only guys who can wear the NY nose bumpers, or any other bumper for that matter, are those who do not wear Riddell headgear. I think Skiba went with the raised Riddell so there would be continuity between those with NY and those without. I’m pretty sure his preference would be for everyone to have the NY if he could.[/quote]

What’s the over/under on how long it’ll take for the 3D nose bumpers to catch on with the rest of the league, to the point where Riddell starts using them on every one of their helmets?

• JP | December 17, 2007 at 12:02 am |

One of the Dolphins threw his jersey into the crowd during the OT game-winner celebration.

• todd krevanchi (krvanch) | December 17, 2007 at 12:06 am |

i sure am. not necessarily because of the game next week and its potential, but because simply i didnt want the dolphins to win this year. not once. not at all.

[quote comment=”187170″]Anyone notice the Rams weren’t wearing the “21” sticker for Sean Taylor while the Packers – and it seemed most of the other teams – still were? Rams quit mourning already?[/quote]

this may come off as cold to some, but unless you play for the redskins, i dont think there should be any sign of the leagues black 21 taylor tribute on your uniform or accessories. not anymore. 1 week for the league, 1 season for the skins.

i’ll bet that by next year, all riddell helmet nose bumpers will be team colored and 3D. unfortunately, skeeb’s forsight to have riddell create these 3D bumpers wont get him the extra scratch in his pocket from riddell he deserves for initiating the new product.

• Nolan | December 17, 2007 at 12:14 am |

[quote comment=”187192″][quote comment=”187191″]OK, really – here’s the link for the Cowboys helmet attachment:

HELMET THINGY[/quote]

They’ve been wearing it most of the season (maybe ALL of the season — not sure yet).[/quote]

It’s called the Riddell Strap-Loc.

The Cowboys-Tony Romo and a few others have only been wearing it since November. Some college teams, Texas and OU wore them all year.

• Geoff | December 17, 2007 at 12:47 am |

[quote comment=”187144″][quote comment=”1870056″]i was at the d3 national championship game yesterday with mount union and wisconsin-whitewater (both of which have purple as part of thier school colors) playing and there were a couple of things i noticed:

As far as Justin Beaver (#32) not having the wordmark on the front, that is a bit strange. He didn’t have it last week in the semifinals either. Even weirder, he’s not the only one with that problem (see #95, from the semifinal).[/quote]

According to a poster on D3Football.com’s Daily Dose, the “3” sticker on the back of some UW-Whitewater players’ helmets is meant to represent having a GPA of 3.0 or higher. “…so it’s a good thing that you saw a lot of players with it.”

Anyone else think it a bit ironic that the quarterback was one of the few without this academic distinction?

• James Craven | December 17, 2007 at 6:06 am |

[quote comment=”187215″][quote comment=”187214″]“Rich Rodriguez leaving WVU for that other gold and blue team……”

“The University of West Virginia: Training Tomorrow’s Michigan Coaches Today.“[/quote][/quote]

WINNER OF POST OF THE DAY!

• Craig | December 17, 2007 at 8:35 am |

[quote comment=”187054″]I think this was mentioned last night, but Justin Beaver of UW-W was missing the “Warhawks” from his jersey. I saw most of the game and he was the only player with this problem.
    Beaver
    Team
    hehe…he said “justin beaver”

• j | December 17, 2007 at 8:39 am |

the fukin dolphins fucked the ravens to fuk a first fukiin win

• Hank | December 17, 2007 at 9:07 am |

[quote comment=”187165″]Brian Dawkins has some sort of cloth(maybe a towell?)on his chin strap. sorry no photos[/quote]
    Dawk has been wearing that over-stuffed chin strap for the past 3 years at least.

• Pat Coleman | December 17, 2007 at 12:11 pm |

Danny Jones, the UW-Whitewater quarterback, has only been at Whitewater since last spring so I guess he hasn’t been there long enough to qualify.

• Scott N. | December 17, 2007 at 12:45 pm |

[quote comment=”187308″]the @#&%! dolphins fucked the ravens to @#&%! a first @#&%! win[/quote]

C’mon, dude, play nice. We don’t need this here.

• Erkki Corpuz | December 19, 2007 at 3:18 am |

There’s gotta be a write-up about Michael Jordan participating in the Bobcats’ practice. Not because he played, but because he actually wore the adidas gear. I’m sure no one forced him to wear the stuff, but there he was, wearing the 3 stripes.